What is Brave Browser?
Brave Browser is a chromium-based browser that has built-in TOR, is faster than chrome, and blocks all ads and trackers. It allows you to earn a cryptocurrency called Basic Attention Token (BAT) by viewing (entirely opt-in) ads with 70% revenue share to users and it is built with privacy in mind.
Every user gets on average around $60 or more worth of BAT every month which can be tipped to publishers, and you can make your own publisher account and tip the BAT to that account without much hassle.
You can then sell the BAT for real cash (or Bitcoin) on Uphold or Gemini Wallet, the sites where your BAT will be withdrawn to!
Down below is my BAT balance on Uphold, the site where your BAT gets withdrawn to with Brave.
I’m just holding it for now, and it has increased from $0.25 per BAT to $0.35 or so in just a couple of weeks so that is a bonus.
How do I get started?
1. Download Brave browser using our invite link, and open it.
2. Now you need to opt-in for brave rewards by typing in “brave://rewards” into the search bar of Brave, clicking enter, and toggling it on as seen below.
3. After turning on Brave Rewards, inside of the Ads block you should find a button to change your settings. Click on it and change it so that 5 ads can be displayed per hour.
4. Now you will need to go create a publishers account here https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org/. Click on sign up, enter your mail, and verify it by clicking the link they send to your mail.
5. Once you have completed your publisher’s account, go to your dashboard and link it to your YouTube channel by clicking “Add channel” in the dashboard (or Reddit account, Twitter, etc – whatever works for you).
6. Auto-contribute the BAT you receive every month to the Youtube channel which you linked to your publisher account. You can do this by visiting your Youtube channel and viewing one of the videos in the Brave Browser. It will then show up under “Auto-Contribute” in brave://rewards.